Year Built: 2015
Type: Member Site, Forum, Searchable Member Directory
Logo, Font and Colors: External Graphic Designer
WordPress Theme: Custom Genesis Theme (outside Developer)
Status: Current Client
The layout, graphic design and WordPress theme for this site were developed by another agency.
Just2Technical was responsible for developing the forum theme and setting up the functionality such as the member directory, dashboard page, front-end guest blogging and member library.
Career Directors is still an active client. The site is maintained manually to ensure all the features work properly after WordPress and plugin updates. Periodically we add a few features.
Theme and Layout
- Custom WordPress Theme using the Genesis Framework developed by another agency. Just2Technical makes adjustments to the theme as needed over time.
- Different Widgets on Different Pages. Different sidebars are assigned to different pages using Genesis Simple Sidebar Plugin.
- Different Menu Items when Logged In. Different links appear in the top menu when logged in by assigning a class to the menu item and using CSS to display or hide it.
- Custom Subscribe and Email Form. The newsletter subscribe form and email form on the contact us has Honeypot anti-spam built in. Upon submitting the form, new newsletter subscriptions are sent to either Mailchimp or Infusionsoft.
- Member Access Control. Users are assigned to different groups (or levels) depending on their membership status and certifications they purchased. A buyer is directed to create a new account or log into an existing one directly after they make a purchase. (Wishlist Member Plugin)
- Member Dashboard. Members see the dashboard upon logging in. This page displays a welcome message and three columns of expandable menus. In the sidebar are member quick links, latest post links and more.
- Searchable Member Directory. Members can create and update their member profiles any time by logging in. Some profile items such as certifications can only be updated by the site administrator. (Formidable Forms Plugin)
- Member Forum. Some forum features include private messaging, customizable email notifications, and post moderation. (Simple Press Plugin)
- Online Courses. Upon purchase of a certification course, members gain immediate access to the course material. (Wishlist Member Plugin, WP Courseware Plugin)
- Member Library. The member library is a custom post type. This custom PHP code allows for complete separation from public blog posts which makes it easy for the client to manage and allows us to globally protect access to members only.
- Front-End Blog Submissions. Guest bloggers can edit the about the author, submit a post and access previous posts.
- Bookmarks. Members can add an article or post to their bookmarks and reading list.
Website Screen Shots
Click on the image to enlarge.